BUDWEIS

touristically talking there is not much to do in budweis but a few things to see. and since it is only a 2 hours drive from prague it is perfect for a day trip.

this small town has some great architecture and especially the bright colored facades of almost every building are eye-candy. the city center is surrounded by a canal and i love cities that have a river or some other kind of watersources. so even though you are far away from a lake or the ocean you still get the feeling of fresh nature. so basically a great city if you just like wandering around.

while i was walking around i felt thursty and also a bit hungry so i was keeping my eye open and looked for a café or something like that. and then i discovered cobliha - a cute little bistro. they had the best selection of flavored water i have ever seen. i swear they had like almost 10 different flavors and for like 1-2 euro i got a whole carafe. and they also do have a large menu - unfortunately no veggie choice but they were so kind to make me something.

and if you haven't guessed it by now - budweis? yes it is also beer and yes it is from this city. so if you like beer then you should go and see the brewery. i didn't go but they do have a brewery tour so you should check that out as well.

oh and by the way - České Budějovice is actually the correct name but try to pronounce that one.

Noemi of Pinayflyinghigh (Friday, 09 September 2016 10:38)

It looks like a sleepy town but nevertheless, still looks beautiful. I also love places with any kind of water sources in it. It makes it prettier.

Clare (Friday, 09 September 2016 13:13)

It looks like a lovely little town. I love seeing old european towns. Maybe one day I will get a chance to visit :-)

Maja | Mexatia (Friday, 09 September 2016 13:36)

Cute little city! I love beer so brewery tour would be amazing. Noting this down for our Prague trip.

Allison (Saturday, 10 September 2016 02:16)

I would most definitely check out the beer tour. I'm not a big beer drinker but The Hubs is and he always like to try the local drop when we travel. Sounds like a great day trip!

Soraya (Saturday, 10 September 2016 12:51)

This place looks so cute! I love the colours of the buildings. And the flavoured water looks appealing - I love how more and more places are introducing creative recipes for flavoured water.

Diana (Sunday, 11 September 2016 19:26)

Great tip about this place being a quick day trip from Prague! I am a huge beer lover, so I would definitely want to check out the Budweiser brewery. Have you been to Bruges btw? The photo of the town square with all the colorful buildings kind of reminds me of the main square in Bruges!

Christina Guan (Monday, 12 September 2016 07:45)

The Czech Republic has the best beer!! While Budweis does seem a bit quiet (especially when compared to ultra-touristic Prague), I often like to explore the quieter spots, especially when they're as quaint and cute as this town. I love wandering around + taking photos so I definitely think this would be a nice spot for me!