BALTIC SEA - LET'S GO TO THE BEACH

i love big cities. i love the anonymity. i love observing people.

but sometimes it is just so nice to escape all of that and get some fresh air - literally.

and that's a big plus when you live in berlin. people always seem to forget that the areas surrounding berlin basically consist in forrest and lakes - and a lot of that. and then of course there is also the baltic sea in the north of germany which is only around 250 kilometers away. by car that's only like 2,5 hours and by train or bus around 3 hours - of ourse if you are not stuck in traffic.

i just basically walked around the beach. it is so nice to stick your feets into the sand and the water. but that's about it for me. the water was way too cold to go for a swim and even though it was sunny it was cool and very windy. but all i needed was just to sit there and breath in the fresh and salty air and listen to the gulls.

it is kind of strange how underrated the baltic sea is. most foreign people don't even know that this actually exists. it is still very touristic especially for the germans, so if you prefer more of an intimite and quite place then you just have to go a bit further. graal-müritz and zingst for example.

since the baltic sea is quite big you could also go for a roadtrip starting at denmark, then continue to germany and poland and then go for the baltic states - even to st. petersburg. i never did it, but i think that would be a nice trip in june for like 2 weeks. but i'll keep you posted about that plan.

Kuno (Thursday, 11 August 2016 17:19)

So beautiful photos, so nice articles and such an amazing website! Well done! :)

blondemoments (Thursday, 11 August 2016 17:22)

oh, thank you so much Kuno for this sweet comment. i really enjoy yours as well. :)

Soraya (Tuesday, 16 August 2016 15:34)

Great post! I love the photos - the beach chair looks so unique. It looks like you had a great time at the Baltic Sea.

blondemoments (Tuesday, 16 August 2016 17:10)

thank you so much! i really loved it there!

Bryony Clapperton (travelsandmore) (Monday, 19 September 2016 15:17)

Some incredible photography. The photos literally bring this article to life.

Tania Mukherjee (Thursday, 22 September 2016 13:23)

Since this is the first blog post that I ever read about the Baltic Sea, I can totally see why you think the Baltic is not much popular with the International community! Thank you so much for writing about this and letting the World know how beautiful is the Baltic. Also, I am kinda in love with those cool beach chairs!!

Soumya Nambiar (Thursday, 22 September 2016 15:25)

This is the first time I am hearing about the Baltic Sea. Like you said not many people outside Germany know about it. Such beautiful photos.

Kathy (Thursday, 22 September 2016 16:00)

Thank you for sharing this with us and you have some wonderful photos there. I have not been to the Baltic sea however I have been a lot to Germany. You are so right that many people are not aware of this area. It will definitely be somewhere for me to visit next time I go to Berlin.

Joanna (Thursday, 22 September 2016 16:03)

I never thought of the Baltic Sea of a summer destination, maybe because of the weather? I live in the South of England and we only get a few proper beach days a year, when the sun is actually warm and you can sunbathe. It looks very peaceful and quiet, with not a lot of people around.

Nina Tekwani (Thursday, 22 September 2016 18:44)

These pictures are beautiful! I have never thought of the Baltic Sea itself as a destination but I want to go to Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland on one massive trip sometime so I'd love to spend some time here by the water! When I travel I like to have a mix of busy cities and then calm, relaxing areas so this would be a perfect addition!

Caitlin (Friday, 23 September 2016 02:23)

Oooh, those photos! They're definitely enticing me into a visit to the Baltic Sea. I actually head to Germany in November, so maybe sometime next year I might head north and check it out... I'm not sure I'll like the temperature though - I'm much more used to the warmer climates of Australia!

Allison Smith (Friday, 23 September 2016 17:28)

Looks amazing and I really like the pier. I'm fortunate in Sydney to be surrounded by great beaches so I''m thankful I don't need to travel 250k's to get to one. Pity it was too cold to swim!

Cassie (Friday, 23 September 2016 21:01)

Wow, this is so beautiful! You take stunning photos, and I love all the textures! I had no idea that you can get to the sea so quickly from Berlin. I bet it's cold though! :)

Suzannah (Saturday, 24 September 2016 13:15)

This look like a fabulous trip girl! Your pics are stunning. And I agree, once in a while a little taste of calm away from the city is just the ticket!

Agness of aTukTuk (Thursday, 18 May 2017 15:30)

The pictures you provided are breathtaking! The Baltic sea has so much to offer and I really hope to go there soon!