The smallest Disco in the World

if you ask young people why they come to berlin the majority would always say, that it is because of its nightlife. and it is true. not many cities in the world can compete with that, especially because the clubs are very versatile and the prices are pretty reasonable (ranging from like 3 - 15€).

so, no surprise that you will also find some unusual things when it comes to music and partying. let's say for example the smallest disco in the world - the teledisko. it is bascially just an old phone booth that was transformed by benjamin uphues into a "club". on one side you will find a touchscreen that explains you everything. you can not only choose a song to dance to, you can also get a photo or a video to keep as a memory. just dancing will cost you 2€ and for other options you will pay another 2€ each on top of that. i think that this is a really fair price. and since the booth is connected to spotify you can actually choose whatever song you like. you choose a song, pay and then the door will open. when you close it the song starts and it is time to party like you never did before. i won't tell you everything that happens inside, because what happens in there - stays in there. after the song is over the door opens again and you get back to reality.

note: they say that 6 people fit in there - but let's be honest, 4 people is already crazy.

source youtube

teledisko gold edition (raw)

revalerstr. 99, 10245 berlin

teledisko pink edition (kater blau)

holzmarktstr. 25, 10243 berlin

Karin (Wednesday, 10 August 2016 17:47)

This is so awesome! I wish I have known about it when I went to Berlin! :-D

blondemoments (Wednesday, 10 August 2016 17:53)

well I guess you have to come back :)
    if you do so, let me know and i can show you around!

Melissa (Thursday, 15 September 2016 15:32)

This is so fun! I could totally see a whole group of friends trying to fit in there and dance. What a cool, quirky find!

Bryony Clapperton (travelsandmore) (Thursday, 15 September 2016 15:32)

I must see this! It's hysterical. I saw at a couple of festivals that they now have 'worlds smallest disco' in a shed or a van or something. Such a quirky and fun idea. Berlin is meant to be incredible my boyfriends been a few times!

Natalie (Thursday, 15 September 2016 15:57)

What a crazy fun thing! LOL! I love it!! This would be especially fun for kids as they could get a flavor of the fun and naturally, they are not allowed into real clubs. I can just imagine the fun family videos we could get with us crammed in there. What a great find!

Maggie (Thursday, 15 September 2016 16:44)

What an awesome find! I can see my 4 year old thinking this is the coolest thing ever. Love that you posted a video, the pictures don't do it justice!

Diana (Thursday, 15 September 2016 16:58)

Wow what a cool idea! Which neighborhood did you find this in? That's awesome they have a fog machine in there too. I would definitely go check it out although I might lose a few years of my life from being in there!

blondemoments (Thursday, 15 September 2016 17:02)

thanks guys! :)
    @Diana: it is in Friedrichshain, at the RAW. That's what this specific area is called. it is also where a lot of clubs and bars are.

Christie (Friday, 16 September 2016 02:39)

Haha omg - this is crazy. I've never heard of anything like it!!! I'll have to visit it next time.

Allison (Friday, 16 September 2016 02:56)

How cool is that! I love quirky experiences when I travel. I'm a bit beyond the clubbing scene now but I would definitely give this a go.

Cass (Friday, 16 September 2016 16:52)

Oh my gosh this is so cool! I'd love to check it out! I've heard fantastic things about Berlin though, and not just about the nightlife :) It's been on my want to see list for ages.

Christina Guan (Sunday, 18 September 2016 00:50)

Berlin is so rad for random things like this. I've been twice but never heard of this tiny disco. What a neat idea!